It was bound to come. The Wedding-Gone-Awry Dream. Last night it arrived, in full flaming glory. A sharp, nocturnal kick to the shins courtesy of Morpheus. Disappointments from start to finish. Following are just a few of the mishaps visited upon my sleepytime big day:
* It was also the same day my sister was getting married, so while getting ready for my wedding I missed hers. Throughout the entire dream I kept thinking, “How did we not plan this better?”
* Instead of getting ready in my own home, as I plan to on my wedding day, I was at an unfamiliar house on some estate. It wasn’t cool. It was unsettling.
* None of my accessories had been packed for me. It was just me and the dress. (No, this is not the stuff of tragedy. But I was decidedly miffed about it in my dream.)
* I didn’t know any of the guests.
* I didn’t know where the groom was.
* Everything was wrong.
It’s not the first time that my sleep has been interrupted by the impending nuptials. But I learned last night that it’s one thing not to get to sleep, it’s quite another to get there and watch things fall to shit faster than a Real World Reunion.
Here’s a little video tribute to the slumbering brain, jacked up on love and mild anxiety.